Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chinese food. Yum

Another weekend of homework, relaxation and movies.. and now Chinese food. It's the reason I've been liking broccoli for years... Though this time I got more broccoli than beef so I'm full.

Another good week of school has passed. Played some entertaining Jeopardy in anime club and played the Dating Game in Drama club and stayed after school for set building for the play. Wasn't really that great since only about six people showed up and no one knew how to use the buzz saw which is kinda surprising to me. Doesn't help much that the director can be quite stubborn... But anyway I hope more people come and we get stuff done in time for the play which is in less than three weeks.

Academic wise the new quarter's going good. So far it's all A's and I'm doing great in my classes. Started tap dancing in dance class and I feel like just bursting out in dancing to great jazz music. My English class began reading Julius Caesar. Yep. Shakespeare.

And this past week was Anti-Drug week so people dressed up. And people will be dressing up on Monday for, you guessed it, Halloween. I'm really excited to show people my Mad Hatter costume and to see others as well.

Y'know I kinda wonder what happened to the purpose of Halloween. I mean it's a holiday where you dress up as generally something scary. Yet I see girls in short skirts and revealing tops and a lot of women's costumes that look that way. If that's scary then it's pretty scary indeed. Hahaha.

I love thinking back to what I was years before when I went out trick or treating. Lemme see... As far back as I can remember, I was Blossom from the Powerpuff girls when I was four. Heh. The costume came with the huge eyes that I didn't wear but I wore the wig/hair and dress. I don't remember who I was when I was five but I'm pretty sure I was a princess. That was my trend for a couple years to go as some sort of princess. My mom made my own princess dress when I was six with a tiara and everything. When I was seven I cut my hair short and I got my mom to make me a Snow White costume using a doll's dress for reference. I was a tiger at age eight with cool make up. At age nine, I was a pirate. Ten, the grim reaper (or Death). Eleven, (failed) Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. Twelve, Captain Jack Sparrow. Thirteen, (another fail) Xigbar. And last year I was a ghost. And of course this year, the Mad Hatter.

Yes I still go trick or treating. Who says you're too old to get free candy on a yearly basis? And who doesn't like candy? Huh? In the past couple years, I got a Kool-Aid from one year and one of my friends got a can of peas in another year. Yes, a can of peas. No rocks so far. Hahaha.

So now I'm gonna go back to my relaxing weekend and trying to get through all four hours of Cleopatra.

XOXO,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. AW!!! I love halloween, but no-one really celebrates it here in the UK.

    Loving the kingdom hearts costume ideas, sounds like fun! Most of the time I'm a witch, not too creative but I have gathered all sorts of stuff, I've got halloween Minnie Mouse ears, which are always fun!! ^^ HOPE YOU GET LOOOOADS OF CANDY ( or sweets, as we say over here)!!!

    ReplyDelete