Sunday, October 16, 2011

Those Damn Yankees!

So today with nothing to do besides watch Sunday football, I went out with my friend Jamie to see Damn Yankees. Our local playhouse was putting it on, and I also needed to see a dance performance or musical for Dance so I can do a review and get that out of the way so I can focus on the end of the year choreography that's due in less than two months. But anyway...

For those who've never heard of Damn Yankees, it takes place in 1956 Washington DC where Joe Boyd, among other baseball fans like him, is upset once again for another loss for baseball team, the Washington Senators. He wishes to play for the team to help them beat "those damn Yankees". Then he's met by a mysterious man named Mr. Applegate who offers to make him young and athletic to play with the Senators. Upon becoming a young man named Joe Hardy, many problems come up such as Joe's attachment to his wife, Meg, and trying to make up a past believable to the ever persisting press.

It's a really good play; especially when my town's theater performed it. In fact, my friend Nora and her mom performed as extras and were really great. Really great story with lots of comical moments that kept me entertained (not like I ever wasn't).

So back to school again tomorrow. Still need to work on my Halloween costume...

XOXO,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review! But my mom wasn't an extra. She was a supporting role. :) I DEFINETELY was an extra. ;)

    ReplyDelete