Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Everyone Hail to the Pumpkin Song




So Halloween has come and gone and I'm filled with joy. I dressed up as the Mad Hatter on Monday which was awesome. A lot of people dressed up in cool costumes. Even my English teacher dressed up as Lady Gaga! One of my favorite costumes of the day including my friends Travis and Lovisa's freaky clown and jester. That's why I like this school cause they let you wear your costumes at school for Halloween as long as you follow dress code.

After helping a bit with some drama set building after school, I quickly finished my Algebra 2 homework to go, you guessed it, trick or treating. It's a little awkward seeing two teenagers still willing to go out to get free candy. Got a lot of comments that me and Jamie were the tallest trick or treaters that they saw. But hey, it's free candy on a yearly basis. Who wants to miss out on that? Not me! Lots of adorable little kids and nice people that live in my area. And a lot of dog people too. Went over to Jamie's neighborhood for trick or treating which was practically almost over but we were able to get quite a few houses before nine. As a result... Well you can see the picture of how much candy I got. Anyone interested, those are four one quart bags. Contents: Reese's, Milky Ways, Snickers, assorted chocolates, gum, marshmallows, Tootsie Rolls, and all that sweet stuff that helps dentists pay for their bills and the toothpaste companies to keep making money.

So the night of monsters and sweets has passed so now people will begin planning big dinners with families and soon will be setting up crazy decorations for the yuletide season.

Today wasn't the best day in Dance for me or my teacher. So we have to turn in an outline that was due today of what basic idea we have for our final choreography and apparently some people are mentally incapable or something to take less than thirty minutes out of their life to do something so simple. Or there's of course the whining and complaining that they shouldn't do it because it's dance class. Reminder guys: It's high school. In case you've been in a coma for the past two years you've been here, they're gonna expect more work from you so you'll be prepared for college. Get with the stupid program, put on your big girl panties, and stop acting like you're the center of the universe when you're not. Sorry the teacher's not like the old dance teacher so deal with it. And it sucks cause a lot of kids give her so much crap and disrespect and she doesn't need or deserve it. She can be really nice if you don't act like a snob and actually do what she tells you to do. Sorry if you hate tap dancing but suck it up cause you signed up for dance for the year and good luck trying to change your class to regular PE.

Yeah... I just had to rant cause I'm kinda irritated with some people in that class. Not naming names but I think I got my point across. I just hope the rest of this week goes better.

As for the rest of the day, just same old school work except today I actually went home without any homework which makes me feel really happy. And I helped a bit today with more set building which included painting (and getting paint on my shirt) and seeing the actors/actresses go through part of scene two. Oh and we were able to get Chile's to give us a night of fundraising some money before the show and I believe we get 15% or something like that. But yeah, really nice for us to get money since we're already spending a lot more than we expected on Rumors alone. We still have money but we could use more for props and stuff.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment