Friday, November 25, 2011

Merry Turkey-mas

My family went to a friends' house to have a big dinner with family and friends. We made a lot more turkey than we needed and we had a lot of other food too. Along with the turkey there was ham, mashed potatoes (with cheese!!), sweet potatoes, rolls, gravy, salad, my mom's mlince which is to die for (Croatian dish that's basically tortillas burned a little over a flame and then has turkey drippings in it. Pure bliss), and pie. Prior to dinner, all I had was a piece of fruit and some Coca-Cola. No joke. I really wanted to save up for the mass amounts of food to come and it worked. Had room for seconds and two pieces of pumpkin pie. And sadly watched the 49ers lose their game against the Ravens but whatever.

Like sane shoppers my family is, we took no participation in Black Friday. I really don't see a point because people are crazy to get items for cheap at a small stock. It's nothing but pure insanity. People are trampled to death because other people want to get in the store first and I just saw on the news a woman used pepper spray and injured ten people for an XBox 360 at half price. I mean seriously?? You're gonna injure/possibly kill people for a stupid electronic for your kid? How stupid can you get?! It completely amazes me how Black Friday is still in existence to this day. People start fights and some are trampled to death to get some item of their desire for a super low price.

If there's something that barely exists in the 21st century it's common sense.

So the day of giving thanks is over and now it's the season of jolly and holly and other things ending with olly (Reference to The Hogfather for those who don't get it). My mom got me and my sister to get out all the Christmas stuff and now the tree is up, decorated, and giving me a headache due to the tremendous amount of lights; most blinking in crazy fashions. We have new stockings, multiple decorations chilling around the house, and eleven small trees, one of which has a Purdue University theme, are scattered about the house. Even the palm tree in our house has green lights on it.

I don't really want too much for Christmas. I mean just some sort of materials for writing and drawing, shopping money, and love from my family and friends is all I will really need. Not going anywhere during the Christmas season but on New Year's my family will be going out to Costa Rica.

Oh God I just remembered I have school on Monday. No biggie though. My only assignment was to get some books on a current issue for a report and I did so everything's peachy keen. But everything will be crazy in the upcoming weeks due to finals coming up in just a few weeks. Thank God the play's over so I can finally get some proper sleep knowing I got my homework done on time.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment