Saturday, November 26, 2011

More Rantings from the Teenage Mind

Yesterday my sister and me saw an interesting commercial for a new episode of 20/20 that talked about sixteen year olds sailing the world, children growing up with the Westbero Baptist Church, child pageants, and a soldier's dog from Iraq sent home to his family after he died. And yes, in that order.

I'm not kidding. Apparently there are teenagers who wish to sail the world by themselves at that young of an age. Crazy? Yes. And they had their parents' consent knowing the risks of months of isolation in the dangerous ocean. They even showed a video of one guy completely terrified for his life. Is it complete irresponsibility of the parents? Yes and no. Yes because a sixteen year old really shouldn't be doing such a dangerous adventure such as sailing the world on their own. No because the parents know the risks and so do their child so it's not like they didn't give a thought about it before their child set sail on the ocean. I mean if I was in that position I wouldn't allow it. It's really risky and I wouldn't do it at all.

Westbero Baptist Church. I'm sure everyone's familiar with these nut heads. What's the worst part of it? When children probably as young as two or three become a part of it. It's almost scary to hear them spout out hate at such a young age and a high chance likely says they really have no idea that what they're being taught is wrong. Because they're so young they'll assume everything their parents say is right despite the fact that they participate in protests that end in violence. These kids don't really know what they say until they finally have minds to think for themselves. And when they speak against these beliefs, they're rejected by their own loved ones. What's sad is that this is true for a young woman who spoke against the church and was kicked out of her own family who didn't seem impacted for banishing their own daughter who now lives a thousand miles away unable to see her growing siblings.

I hate how they're against everything. They hate homosexuality, Jews, people in the army, and America. I mean if you hate the country you're living in so much why don't you live somewhere else? And if God hates us so much then why are we still here? And if he hates Jews so much then does that mean he hates his own son, Jesus who was a Jew? Without Judaism, Christianity wouldn't exist. With the exception of the belief that Jesus is the Messiah, they're the same thing. I don't know why people have to make such a huge deal about it. What's the most irritating about these people is that they protest at funerals for people who supported homosexuality and soldiers who died in the army basically saying "Good riddance". My step-brother's in the Air Force and if he were to die in action, I would never ever stand for people protesting at his funeral. It's totally disrespectful and stupid. And do homosexual people go to hell? Of course not. I mean if you don't like the idea of two men or two women being together, fine. Quit being so overcritical over it.

Y'know everything would probably be better if everyone was Buddhist. It's not a religion, but a philosophy on how to live your life. It's nice and peaceful and there's no deities (Well save for Chinese Buddhism). It's the same peaceful teachings of other religions and there's no hate. I learned this stuff cause my sister's Christian and Buddhist and I listen to what Buddhism teaches.

Anyway...

So I've done my fair share of rantings about child pageants. I think many people realize how stupid it is to doll up your child past a certain extent. I mean it may be cute once in a while if it's at a moderate level but you go out of bounds when you dress up your kid like the hooker from Pretty Woman. It's even outside the catwalk and in real life. Clothing stores for children sell really questionable clothing, including padded bras for seven year olds. What seven year old wants boobs?? When I was seven all I wore was jeans and graphic shirts! Childhood's shifted a lot since I was young. There are even girls in salons as young as ten and eleven getting their eyebrows plucked and getting bikini waxes!! What eleven year old has that huge amount of raging hormones that they need a bikini wax?? What's even worse is the French Vogue magazines that display girls in lingerie. Sure French Vogue is a really messed up magazine but it's rather disturbing to see girls that young dress three or four times their actual age. I mean are you just opening these kids up for pedophiles to, oh I dunno, kidnap/rape/kill?? Do people like this actually understand that there are creeps like that in the 21st century? Clearly not. I don't have a problem with dressing up your girls to look cute but there's a word to not make your kids look like they're adults. It's called moderation.

Sigh.... Finally got all of that out.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment