Wednesday, November 23, 2011

*Belch*

So far vacation's going great. Kinda boring since I really have nothing to do but I get to sit around and watch anime and random movies all day.

My sister's boyfriend got his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so he's been chilling all day here with us. Amazingly enough he only needed anesthesia and woke up a little dizzy instead of being totally loopy. He's really limited to what he can eat cause of the pain and his gag reflex doesn't really help with his appetite. So before dinner he only had Jell-O and Jamba Juice. But he's doing much better.

We had an early Thanksgiving dinner since last year we had no left over turkey. My mom bought two turkeys: one for the party tomorrow and one for us. She cooked one of them for us, made stuffing, mashed potatoes and our cousin brought her amazing mac and cheese for us which is totally to die for. My eyes were a little more hungry than my stomach seeing as how I only ate half of my dinner. At least I got some left overs.

Now we have Thanksgiving tomorrow and my only food before dinner that day will probably be some toast since we have amazing cooks for friends.

Also today I went to the library and got some books for a report in English. Luckily I just have to bring them though I should start reading one or two of them now while I have the chance. We have to write a report about current topics to talk about since it's been done in literature over the years, including Shakespeare where we just finished reading Julius Caesar. Miss Ireland gave us a great range of topics to choose from and I got quite a few ideas what I wanted to do and when it came down to finding some books my choices were narrowed to one topic: Teenage pregnancy.

I think it'd be a fun topic to talk about seeing as how it happens way too often. What I really hate about teenage pregnancy is the media glamorizing it to make it appear that nothing bad will happen if you get pregnant at sixteen when in reality, your life really spirals out of control when it happens. Like shows such as Sixteen and Pregnant and Teen Mom. Do you think those girls are happy that they're sacrificing the joys of being a teen because they have to take care of a child? If I was in their position, it'd suck big time. It's because that stuff is scripted so these girls appear happy to have to care for a baby until it grows to a young adult. I mean movies it's obvious to tell that it's a movie and it's not real and some of these girls are having a really crappy time trying to go through school with a stomach the size of a planet. I don't know why some people get ideas from movies that it's okay but TV shows really mess with people's heads.

It's hard to tell on reality TV if it is reality or if it's completely scripted so the audience will like it. My mom heard that on a show called Real Housewives of something she can't remember that a guy on there committed suicide and it was real. That's a big issue since reality TV screws with our perception on what's real and what's totally fake. It's why I never watch MTV because I know it's all fake and most reality TV I never watch because I'll assume it's scripted to the audience's liking. Sorry Jersey Shore but your show is really stupid and having your skin orange isn't exactly attractive.

I seriously have a tendency for going off on rants. Hahaha

XOXO,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for ranting, they're a rather good read!
    I have to agree with you though, just what IS the point of reality TV show? I don't get the obsession with them, "I'm a celebrity" just started over here again and it's all anyone's talking about. I always reply with "you do know it's not real, right?"
    Maybe I'm a pessimist but I HATE THEM!!

    I hope you had a good thanksgiving! And thanks for commenting on my blog, makes me very happy!!

    BYE BYE!!!

    ReplyDelete