Saturday, November 5, 2011

If I die young

Will explain title later.

So week's gone good. Just more work in academics and drama club. I got to help lead a Socratic Seminar in World History about the Occupy protests in Oakland. It's a pretty interesting subject seeing as how it's getting a bit out of control because of people being idiots and getting tear gas in their faces.

Drama's going great. We got Chile's to get us a fundraiser night to get us some money before the show. My mom came in to help paint a few flats with awesome burgundy paint which the teacher loved so so much. She even painted a Modigliani painting for the set which made her ecstatic from what I hear.

Now here's where it goes from happy to super depressing.

This past Friday, a young 14 year old girl was shot and killed by a bunch of psychos who wounded a bunch of other kids. It happened around where my sister's boyfriend lived and he didn't leave until one in the morning out of fear. The thugs that shot these kids were taken into custody, thank God. This whole shooting has just made me so depressed because this girl was a student at my high school...What if that was one of my friends? Or my sister? Or me? It's terrible to hear that a teenager's life ended so abruptly especially when it's so close to home. The news article said the girl's name was Tara and that she was a sweet young girl. It just hurts so much because a person that age has an entire life ahead... and it just ends within seconds. Tara will never go to prom, graduate high school, go to college, marry, have kids, or grow old. All of it, taken away by a bullet. She never deserved to die; no child does. And I hope those thugs rot in prison for what they did. I may not have known Tara but she should never had died...

Tara Romero, may you rest in peace.

XOXO,
Liz

1 comment: