Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later

So it's the ten year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

I didn't know what happened on that September day until I was ten years old. I was five when the attacks occurred and any memory of that day, it was a normal day in kindergarten and I was home by noon. And how was I supposed to understand that a bunch of terrorists crashed into buildings with no real reason? I was only starting to understand what death was. It really was shocking how many people lost their lives when those planes crashed. I'm just happy that no one I knew was caught in or killed in the attacks.

Everything's changed so much since that day. The next year we went to war with the Middle East and we see the people in that area so differently. It's stupid how many Americans have stereotyped Indian and Islamic people to wanting to bomb any airplane their on with Americans. You think those people like being stereotyped thanks to some psychopath who thought what his goons did was honorable. Thanks a ton bin Laden for taking our troops away from home because of your ignorance.

Well it's ten years later, Osama's dead, and now memorials are gonna being built/finished being built and a new World Trade Center's gonna be opened in two years. Now I just want our troops home so they won't miss another Christmas with their families. I know cause my step brother's in the air force and we're trying to get him to come with us on our Costa Rica trip this year.

My normal life now is consisting of Sunday football and more writing.

Oh and I started a new blog once again at this link >>> http://lifethroughcalvinandhobbes.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment