Saturday, May 28, 2011

Whew wee

And the reward for the longest school week of the year goes to Academic Focus week. AKA the massive study week before finals.

Writing your own notes to study is pretty hard but it's worth it when you get a good grade in the end.

We had block schedule on Thursday and Friday because seniors take their finals in those days. Those days either you were watching a movie in your class or working on a study guide. Unless you have P.E then you just ran a mile and played softball. English and Spanish just so happened to be the classes I had a movie in. English: 1968 Romeo and Juliet. Spanish: Real Women have Curves.

I would've enjoyed Romeo and Juliet but a moron in my class kept commenting every time Romeo and Juliet would kiss. I mean really? You're too immature to see two people kiss when you've done that yourself? Just shut up. The teacher got annoyed with him and kicked him out of the classroom. Luckily I was able to find the movie on Netflix and watch it in peace. Almost cried at the end even though I knew that they would both commit suicide.

Real Women have Curves is an HBO movie from the early 2000's about a Mexican-American girl struggling to get into college and all this boring chick flick stuff. I got bored during it and thought it was stereotyping Mexican-American life in LA. I'm pretty sure it was. Go ahead and check it out if you want to bore yourself to sleep.

Art was free drawing since I was finished with a project and I got to take some artwork home. P.E, obvious boring and painful stuff that include running and getting a softball thrown unintentionally at your face. Hope we don't have to run miles for the final on Thursday on account of the people who never do anything and are failing an easy A class. Whatever, it's their faults they're failing.

And biology and geometry consisted of study guides galore. Sucks when you're done making one and you have nothing to do for another hour of class. I was about to lose my mind out of boredom.

Luckily the week's finally over and I get this time to relax.... and hopefully remember to study. Hahaha. I also need a new camera chip since mine kicked the bucket at the most random of times. Oh well.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment