Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shake shake, shake shake, shake it

God I'm so addicted to the song Shake It by Metro Station.




It brings back so many memories from my eighth grade year. Not lying. This was my favorite song to listen to all the time. If it came on the radio or during a school dance, I'd burst out dancing. Didn't care that it was singing about sex cause it's the catchiest song ever with a good dancing beat and people who can really sing. Speaking of, I recently found on this old computer that my photos from my entire 8th grade year are still on here and I just got swept over with a moment of pure nostalgia. Now I'm inspired to movie making with all that old stuff. I'll post it on here so you guys get to see what I looked like before high school. God I was such a ridiculous child in those days. Hahaha..

More testing this week. Luckily just today and tomorrow. Today was the math portion which gets pretty crazy with everyone taking different math classes. Most of the kids in my testing room are already in Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry but there are some still in Algebra 2 or Geometry. To my surprise it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Some stuff I didn't remember and just had to play Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Mo for the answer. But I have high hopes I still did really well on it. Tomorrow's the science and last portion of the STAR testing and thank god cause I'm done with dealing with it.

A letter came in yesterday from our school district telling our parents that they have a new method of notifying if your child misses school. They'll call parents at 10:30 am for any unexcused absences along with the 6 pm notification. I'm really relieved they made this change because of Sierra's disappearance but I think this change could've been made much sooner cause you never know if a child ditches and the parent doesn't know for the entire day. With Sierra, she never showed up to school or came home and her mom didn't know until she herself got home. It has to be terrifying to come home with your child not there only to get a call from the school just as you get home that your child was never even there. I mean think about it. If they altered the policy before Sierra went missing, then her mom would know much sooner, would've called the police sooner and they may have gotten more evidence to work with and could've possibly found Sierra and her kidnapper much sooner. But what happened has happened and we can't change the past. All we have to do now is hope that Sierra is found and that she'll come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment