Friday, April 20, 2012

3 down, 2 to go

Just a couple days next week for more STAR tests and I don't have to deal with it again for another year.

Still no sign of Sierra LaMar. On Wednesday, some jerk hacked her Twitter account and sent out a fake tweet that got deleted. Hearing that really ticked me off that someone would send out false hope to friends and family who care about a girl who's been missing for a month and could possibly be dead. Hope that person's proud of themselves for pulling crap like that.

Anyway, people are gonna have searches from dawn till dusk in areas in Morgan Hill, San Martin and Gilroy. I really think that maybe Sierra probably won't be in this area and could be somewhere else in California...maybe even out of state. I don't know but I hope she's found soon.

Today was Day of Silence. What is it?

It is a silent protest against discrimination of those LGBTQ (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Questioning) identified. You make a vow to be silent for the entire day or most of it if you can. You don't need to be quiet the whole day, and you can speak when deemed necessary. It's actually more of an eye-opener than a protest. I can't go the whole day without talking and it really makes you think what it feels like for kids to not talk because they're scared of people finding out their sexual orientation. It sucks to not have a voice. By this, we work to give those people back their voice in the end of this type of prejudice.

I may not have gone through the whole day without talking, but it's enough to know how much it sucks to not have a voice. It's one of the reasons I support homosexuality and want to fight for their rights.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that! Some people are so nasty! I hope they find her soon, I can't imagine what her family and friends are going through.

    I didn't manage to make the whole day without speaking either.. bit hard with my French oral practice exam :/

    Also, what's are STAR test? We don't have those over here... We have CATS and SATS, not sure if they're the same though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's statewide testing for California required for highschoolers (cept for seniors) to take every year. Basically checking if you're doing well in your classes and stuff.

      Delete