Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cue the Final Fantasy Victory Music!!

So I'm so happy to say that I'm done with my English summer assignment! Now all I gotta do is print it and I'll be the happiest person in the world!

Now that I'm finally done with my English homework I gotta pick up the slack and work on my Spanish homework that I've sadly ignored since my Yosemite trip. Luckily it's just verb stuff which thank God that I have an entire book with just verb tenses and what not. So I can easily breeze past that and study up a little bit before school which starts in nine days.

Now today me and my sister were supposed to get our Whooping cough shots, but since it's stupidly expensive to get them at Walgreens, our mom's gonna schedule an appointment for tomorrow at a doctor's. And thank goodness for that since I watched Intervention just last night and saw a lady inject crystal meth in her arm.

I was pretty disgusted when I saw that, cause I was like, "What makes people do this?" This woman was picking skin off her face and it was just plain scary. I'm still amazed people consider doing drugs making them "happy" when in the end, they just look disgusting from all the damage it is doing to their body. It's convinced me enough to never do anything stupid like that.

Anyway, yesterday I saw the movie The King's Speech and I just loved it. It's about King George VI and his struggle with his stammer when he sees speech therapist, Lionel Logue. It's a really great historical film and very enjoyable even when Colin Firth bursts out swearing. I have to say though it's really hard to adjust to Geoffrey Rush when he goes from a pirate with a "scraggly beard" to a formal and clean Australian speech therapist. I really recommend this movie for anyone. And other than swearing, it's not that bad of an R-rated film.

So this Friday, me and my sister have our orientations and schedule pick-ups. Hopefully I'll have the same classes as some of my friends so we can work on homework together. And this year I've been told that there's gonna be a newspaper club and I plan to join that and hopefully no one will go crazy on the freedom of speech thing and get the club shut down.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment