Monday, July 30, 2012

Yeah I can't come up with a witty title for this

Okay well since I can't come up with a creative title I might as well just blog away like a dork.

First off, tomorrow is July 31st and the long related release of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is finally here! How will I celebrate? Well since I'm too poor to buy a new gaming console just for one game, I'll just watch all the walkthroughs again in English just for the sake of hearing the voices and getting a better understanding of the story while catching up with my friend Ethan on our favorite fandom. Here's the English trailer for those too behind the times to know what the game looks like.



Also, just as of last night, I've become addicted to K-Pop music thanks to my friend Kelly. In case it wasn't obvious, K-Pop is Korean pop music. And God, can these boys dance and look extremely adorable. In fact too adorable as I still question their genders. Ah well. They can still sing and dance like the awesome people they are. Here's one of the songs I found that's my new favorite.



Axis Powers: Hetalia
Yeah yeah how could I NOT put this pic in?
And speaking of foreign things, like most people throughout the world, I've been watching the 2012 London Olympics. God I haven't been so into televised sports since this year's Superbowl. I think I'm finally realizing how intense some sports are like volleyball and water polo. Of course my favorite sports to watch are gymnastics and diving. I don't know what it is, but it's just fun to be OCD about perfection. And these two events call for it the whole time, cause if you screw up, you're gonna get marked off. I never knew OCD could be so much fun. And yes, I was in love with the opening ceremony. Completely over the top fantastic, amazing, beautiful, and spectacular. I loved the historical and literary references put in as well as the celebrity appearances. Including the Queen's stunt double jumping out of the helicopter which was funny to find out that the stunt double was a dude. Though I think most people would agree with me that the commentators were annoying as hell. If you don't know who characters of children's literature are, you're most likely an alien. It was so irritating how they assumed we're stupid and don't know anything. And believe me I'll do a separate post on that. Anyway, I was only able to stay up to see the entire Parade of Nations before I went to bed, and some of the stuff that people were wearing were quite hilarious. Like Germany that (in the words of someone on Tumblr) "stepped out of a tampon ad" or Sweden that looked like they stepped out of Blue's Clues. But overall, still a great opening ceremony and the British have outdone themselves to get ready for a spectacular Olympics.

So let's see... Other than that whole she-bang, my summer is slowly coming to it's close. Just three more weeks before Junior year. Luckily I'm almost done with my homework so I can spend those days either lazily or with friends. Really happy to go back to school shopping and getting new clothes for the year. Been spending quite a bit of time with my sister before she has to go to college in Santa Cruz and I've never felt happier just being with my sis. And speaking of siblings, she made a new video.. Okay well she's made a few since I last posted her songs (Which I had to delete cause she re-uploaded them). Recently she made a belly dancing cosplay of Lady Loki from Marvel's The Avengers (Speaking of I finally watched Captain America last night and am super happy and now want The Avengers DVD when it comes out this September) and she made a belly dancing video... Sorta. Mostly it's just her being silly but here it is so check it out.

Oh! Three things you should know before watching:
1. No, it's not like Shakira. Sorry ^^
2. No, it's not inappropriate.
3. And no, she isn't a stripper.
Thanks and enjoy the video

No comments:

Post a Comment