Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bye Bye Vacation

So I start school up again on Monday. Didn't do much during vacation. Just played Pokemon White, watched T.V, this and that. Went out to Monterey yesterday but didn't do much. Just drove around, had lunch, and bought some shoes for my grandmother. I did come across a Plato's Closet and did some browsing. Only got two shirts and a pair of Capris though. I definently need to fill my closet and drawers with more summer-y clothes cause they're loaded with jeans and old shirts. Hopefully I'll get some time either tonight or tomorrow to go out to the mall.

Out of all my teachers, my Spanish teacher gives homework over break. We had to either do a video or make a poster and present a recipe of anything, obviously, in Spanish. I'm in Spanish 2 as of now and plan to continue taking it throughout the rest of my high school years... Well to Spanish 4 AP if possible. Hahaha. It's pretty convenient cause since my mom married my step-dad, Isaac, I'm with a lot of Spanish speaking relatives and friends. I still get nervous when someone speaks to me in Spanish. Heheheh. It's kinda like all the knowledge I have in Spanish goes out my brain. Oh well. I'm still learning and maybe I'll be able to speak it outside of the classroom and project videos soon.

Yesterday I went to a friend's house with my family and had dinner with a bunch of friends. It's really fun sharing stories with adults. It was kinda sad though that I revealed that the Cookie Monster was changed into the Vegetable Monster when two girls were coloring in a Sesame Street coloring book. I was a bit shocked myself when I found that out just a couple years ago. I mean it's not a T.V show's fault that children are obese. When you think about it, the parents are the ones that provide them unhealthy food. Not that it's bad but when you buy your kids fast food almost every day then that's just pushing it. I still eat fast food but only once or twice every two or three weeks. Stuff like McDonald's and Burger King isn't food that's supposed to be a daily meal cause it's not healthy. Most meals families have should be homemade. It's healthy and delicious.

That was my little outlook on life moment. I'm gonna finish watching Matilda and enjoying the smell of my mom cooking.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment