Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm no Superman

So this week off has been a bit boring. But I've had some good stuff happen as well. All of vacation I've accomplished:
1. Watching all of Titanic
2. Finish reading The Dangerous Days of Daniel X
3. Finish reading Witch and Wizard
4. Start and finish Current Event for this month for Biology
5. Finish movie for Spanish
6. Help throw a surprise party for my mom
7. Go to a baby shower
8. Bowl

I think that's in the wrong order but whatever.

So my mom's turning forty tomorrow and we threw her a huge surprise party yesterday. Of course she had NO idea that was coming. My step-dad, Isaac, had been planning for about three weeks for this. Ex-marine that he is, all went according to plan. Me and my sister were going to the "movies". Which of course meant going to neighbor's house to set up for party. Balloons, posters, signs, you name it, we had it. All of our friends came over of course with presents and food galore. Come 2:30 we all crammed into one room and waited for my mom to come in.

She thought she was just going to the neighbor's for a nice early dinner. We all shout surprise when she was in sight, and she began to cry. And more tears came when she saw the guest of honor: Her friend Carrie from Indiana. Carrie came the night before and stayed at one of our friend's house. All arranged by Isaac. It was a great party. Ate to my heart's content and started to get a tummy ache when I began eating the cake. Was so exhausted when I got home. And it wasn't even eight yet. So I got on Netflix and added eight out of nine seasons of Scrubs. Didn't add the ninth season because of course if you're a sane person you know as well as I do that it sucked without all the cool characters.

As for today, we went to a friend's house for a baby shower. I played with the kids mostly and turned them into cats. Hahaha. Of course not literally. The adults played some games. My family won a cookie cutter shaped like a duck. And now I'm at home blogging and like any other person in America now watching the Oscar's.

List of dresses of celebrities I wish to steal:
1. All of Anne Hathaway's dresses
2. Amy Adams
3. Helena Bonham Carter
4. Nicole Kidman
5. Natalie Portman
6. Every other actress that has a cool looking dress

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment