Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sooooo Tiiiirrreeeedd

So flipping exhausted...I wanna just crawl in my bed and never come out..

So Sunday I went out to a hotel restaurant place with my family to see other family. It was brunch time and God was it just divine. Had my first Eggs Benedict which was just Heaven in my mouth. I've been craving for another one since then. Man, I've never seen the day when a brunch buffet served sushi. Yes, sushi. The also had a dessert table which really wasn't that great. Ever had that happen? The desserts look super pretty but then it turns out to taste like crap? That's what happened. Everything was bland. Even the tiramisu wasn't great. Just drowned in rum. Not exactly the best taste in your mouth. Soggy tiramisu. Had that happen to me in Costa Rica when I went to a fancy hotel. Had a shot of tiramisu. Was drowned in rum..but anyway.. The only good thing on that dessert table were the chocolate dipped strawberries. It was like crack.

This has been a bit of a long and rather confusing week. Monday went by like normal. Tuesday and today, Wednesday, just all over the place. It's CAHSEE testing for the sophomores. It's required in the state of California so they could pass. It's really just basic math and English from elementary school. Even though the questions are changed each year, it's basically what's the square root of four. It's not that hard. Yet it's a really big deal if you want to graduate high school.

So thanks to the CAHSEE exams, the entire school schedule goes all over the place. Two hour classes galore. I actually don't mind that much about block schedule, but it's pretty boring when you're stuck in a classroom with nothing to do. Especially when you had just finished the recent Women's Murder Club book you got from the library and you can't think straight to write. And I really don't enjoy two hours of P.E. Hate it so much. Thank goodness I can take Dance next year in place of P.E. Oh, and thanks to the late start I didn't get any time to get started on my Geometry homework. I gotta stop being a lazy and find something to carry my textbook in so I don't come in my house with back aches and wanna take a nap until six at night. Oh well, least the CAHSEEs are over with. Can go back to my normal school day schedule. Hahaha...

I kinda feel a bit bad for people out east. The whole snow blizzards and ice storms. Or as they call it on Facebook: Snowpocalypse. Schools have been shut down and all sorts of food is going from Wal-mart shelves. I talked to my uncle, Chris, on Skype the other day. He's twenty-two with his own apartment and job and he told me that all the college kids came in and just took all of the frozen food. All the fresh food was still there but the freezers were just empty. It's kinda sad that people don't know how to cook and resort to frozen foods. But anyway. I've seen video footage on the news of Chicago and I see just feet of snow and cars covered in ice. No kidding. Even Florida's getting weird weather. One of my dad's Facebook statuses said something about tornado warnings. I'm a bit surprised myself.

So California has to have decent weather and I feel just a little sorry for my friends out east. Worst California has as of now is the fog in the mornings and the cold. And by three in the afternoon it's in like the 60's. Hasn't rained in a few days. So the day the mid-west of America is covered in snow, I'm sure most people will move out here. Just a thought from yours truly.

Well that's all I have to write for now. See you guys in a couple days.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment