Thursday, March 24, 2011

My feet are cold..

It honestly sucks to live in the valley now. And why? Rain. Rain. Rain. And more rain.

It's been raining all week. It was a little on and off at first. That is until today. It just kept coming nonstop and after school while me and my sister waited for our mom to pick us up huddled under an umbrella, here comes the huge downpour. And when I say downpour, I mean downpour. The umbrella did little help. So my jeans and Purdue sweater got soaked. I got water in my Converse. And thank God my mother came just in time to get us out of there.

Here's a crazy part. There were like two kids who were still walking home even though the sidewalks were flooding. Oh, and the city put up signs that said that the streets were flooded. Never would've recognized a flooding street without that sign now would we?

So as we were a couple streets away from home, we make a turn and here's Coriander Street that has now become Coriander River. As my mom took a picture to send to my step dad, I made a comment that we should borrow our neighbor's boat. And then we came home.

So now my clothes are getting washed and I'm in clean comfy pajamas blogging away. I really think it should be Friday. Feels like one. Maybe cause the rain makes it feel like you wanna stay home for the next couple days. Hahaha.

XOXO,
Liz

1 comment: