Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chim Chiminy Chim Chiminy Chim Chim Cheree

So I was watching Mary Poppins yesterday and this came to me as I was watching the Step in Time dance scene. What if it was done as a flash mob?! I looked up on Youtube and the only Mary Poppins flash mob I've seen was in Germany or something to the Broadway version of Supercalifragilisticexpialidoscious. But here's the full scene if no one has memory of the Step in Time scene.



Now would that be a cool flash mob or what?! You'd just need the perfect time and place to do it since quite a number of people would be needed to dance to this particular song. But it'd be amazing and fun!

Anyway my vacation is drawing to a close and it's mostly just been pure laziness. I still have Algebra 2 homework to do which is super easy anyway and I finished my Spanish stuff.

My mom's birthday party was yesterday and I still find it hard to believe that she is turning 41 on Tuesday. We had friends over and we gorged ourselves with cake and tacos. And boy that was some good cake! I will be enjoying the sweetness of that cake tonight.

And today we had a rehearsal though everyone went to the band room because some people were still working with lights. That didn't keep me from helping with set building... sorta. I was left for an hour and half with no help because the two guys I'm working with forgot and slept in. Luckily I spent that time painting a palm tree since I can't do much else. Add on to that, we're running out of plywood and some of the paint we have is as old as time itself and we can't use it. It doesn't help that we're falling behind because there are only 19 rehearsal days left, barely anyone else shows up and the two guys I do work with mess around which is slowly decreasing my patience with them... Hopefully the people I call tonight will actually show up to help us, or maybe this week the guys I'm working with will pick up the slack and stop goofing off. Ugh, I can dream can't I?

Well that's all for now folks. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a good week.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment