Sunday, March 4, 2012

*Yawn*

My weekends aren't long enough. The week back from a long vacation feels like an eternity. Doesn't help that along with piles of homework, I stay after school for another 2 and 1/2 hours to help build the set for the upcoming musical. I'm so tired I forget to do the fun stuff that I want to do like finish writing and finish reading The Hunger Games.

Speaking of while I'm on the topic, I am barely finished with The Hunger Games and I already love it so much! It has just everything I love in a book: suspense, action, romance and awesome characters. I hope to get it finished before the movie comes out.

For anyone who has no clue what this book is about, here's a plot synopsis:

In the ruins of a place known as North America, there exists a nation known as Panem. In this country, there is a great Capitol with twelve districts. Previously, there were thirteen but the thirteenth district led a rebellion against the Capitol and was destroyed. As punishment to keep the remaining districts in line, each of the twelve must send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a great game which pitches the twenty four competitors against each other in a battle of survival (on live TV) where the winner receives glory and fame forever. Our focus is on Katniss Everdeen, a sixteen-year-old girl from District Twelve who takes her sister's place in the games. As the story progresses, we read her struggles of survival in these horrid games and what she deems is right and wrong of her country.

A very suspenseful novel that keeps you wondering what's gonna happen next with characters you get attached to and love. Highly recommend it if you have nothing to read.

Now on top of reading The Hunger Games, I'm also starting to read Fahrenheit 451 for my English class as we begin to focus on Modernism. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds.

I've actually been thinking of a plot for my own original dystopia idea. Maybe after I finish this one story, I can start writing it out. I know it's gonna be a good story.

I may forget to update this blog for a while since starting next weekend the musical director wants people to come in during the weekend for rehearsal for God knows how long. So I will be too tired to remember to do stuff (Hopefully I won't forget any upcoming homework...)

Before I go I thought I'd share this to my manga artists out there. My darling friend Kelly told me to look up a guy named Mark Crilley who is a manga artist and has many videos on Youtube giving out tips on how to draw in the manga/anime style. Here's just one of his videos. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment