Sunday, March 11, 2012

C'mon opening night~

God been working such long hours after school and over the weekend. Feel exhausted. It's basically hell week for the drama club as the set is close to finished, the dances are being finalized and we have a week and four days till the opening night of The Boyfriend. God nothing can express my pure joy and happiness when I don't have to stay after for two and a half hours building and painting. Here's the title song for those who have no clue about the musical.


Fun fact of the day: This was the first musical that Julie Andrews performed in playing the role of Polly Browne. And this musical is just adorable beyond belief. I heard the film adaptation wasn't that great but if you're part of the drama department and have no clue what to put on for a musical, I recommend this one! It's just so amazing!

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this week I accomplish in recruiting people for backstage crew since we need to change the set entirely in between the three acts. I've stopped trusting the sign up sheets with the drama kids on them cause I know that after my little rage fest with the set building, I'm not trusting these backstage kids will show up either. So I'm recruiting myself. Maybe I can get some of my friends to do something on their weekends.

Here's another song from the musical called Won't You Charleston With Me?


And just cause I'm crazy, this is an optional song for the musical called Nicer in Nice.


This is the solo song my sister has as she is the French maid, Hortense. It's gonna be awesome!!

Let's see....plans for this week.

Oh yeah we have our high school exit exams or CAHSEEs which will be a no brainer seeing as how it's basic algebra and English. Problem is I'm probably gonna get bored out of my mind since the likely chance says I will be done like an hour or two early and my teachers will avoid assigning homework since we also have a block schedule too... God I so don't want to spend two hours in just one class... Whatever.. Hopefully my Spanish teacher will get some sense this week and change the due date of our project where we have to research Mexican culture. I did mine on the Olmecs.

And now I will do research for my story idea! Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment