Sunday, July 31, 2011

I believe I can flyyyyyyy






Don't ask about the weird title.

So on Thursday, me and my family flew out (in a small airplane that my step-dad can now fly for fun purposes since he got his pilot's license) to Santa Ynez down south from San Jose and got a taxi to a small Dutch like town of Solvang which would've been an almost four hour drive but instead was a one hour flight. We got some lunch and then just went around looking through all the small shops, mostly antique stores which are always fun to look at all the old stuff.

Then later that afternoon we flew north to the Oceano Dunes for a few minutes and we luckily got there in time for the sunset which was just gorgeous. Got a bunch of shells that washed up on shore. Then we flew back to San Jose and got a late dinner at Wendy's which I haven't had in over a year. Their fries are awesome!

So nowadays my mom's friend Carrie from Indiana has come over for a visit and my mom's been hanging out with her. They went to Napa Valley yesterday. We went to the Gilroy Outlets today and I got a couple shirts from Forever 21 and a cup of Starbucks hot chocolate. The entire town of Gilroy smelled of garlic because of their Garlic Festival but when we went last year it wasn't as well as I anticipated other than getting garlic fries. They even had garlic ice cream which wasn't uber great. Anyway, we went out to Chevy's for an early dinner and came home.

Tomorrow's gonna be the first day of August and I have less than three weeks to finish my summer assignments. I've finished reading all the books I'm required to read and have started on the whole typing up and searching for meanings and what not. Really really should get on that. Oh, and me and my sister still need our Whooping Cough shots so we can even go to school which I'm not psyched for at all. Out of my phobias one of them has to be needles for medical and drug use. Always makes me shudder when I see it on TV.

On another small note I finally got access to Netflix for the first time in forever and added a crap ton of anime to it. Cannot wait to get on that.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment