Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's official!






I'm back online thanks to my uncle Chris!

Now that all is kosher, here's what has been going on in my summer since my Yosemite trip.

After Yosemite I wasn't really doing much of anything. Since the computer died all I had to do was read, play video games, watch Scrubs, and take an occasional walk around the neighborhood. And of course Fourth of July. Went out with my family and some friends to see fireworks at a golf course and then went to a block party a couple days later.

Afterwards, my friend Mikayla's sweet sixteen came up, so obviously I went. My sister's present was belly dancing at her party for her which a lot of people got a kick out of. Even her boyfriend, Garrett, dressed up so Marina wouldn't feel like the only one left out cause it was a formal party and everyone else was dressed up in fancy dresses and what not.

The weekend afterwards, my friend Jamie invited me to a Potter Party at her church, and am I gonna pass up an offer to hang out with my friend before school starts? Of course not. It was really fun cause we played a fun version of Quidditch, went out to Taco Hell for lunch (dressed up), and watched all of the first seven movies. Quite literally. I passed out three times during this marathon of Potter madness. By the time we finished the first part of Deathly Hallows it was like seven in the morning. Totally worth it though.

After going to our friend Jenn's 40th birthday party, we went to San Francisco and picked up Uncle Chris. His first meal in Cali consisted of Togo's and Jamba Juice which he loved. Did a ton of sightseeing which included Monterey Aquarium, Japan town (mostly in search in food), two rose gardens in San Jose, and the small beach side village near Santa Cruz called Capitola. I had a great time hanging out with my uncle. He even got me and Marina a Bamboo tablet for drawing and stuff which I'm psyched to finally be able to use. And me, Marina, Garrett, and Chris got to battle each other in Super Smash Bros. Melee which is the most fun thing ever.

I'm kinda sad though cause Chris had to go back to Indiana today and I'm gonna miss him a lot. Oh well, hope to see him again someday soon.

As for the rest of my vacation, it'll mostly likely consist of more block parties, playing video games, reading, and, of course, finishing my summer projects... And I'm now NOT psyched about that. Heheheh...

XOXO,
Liz

1 comment: