Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beautiful San Jose

Liz again coming to you live from lovely San Jose, California. God, I know my mom showed me pictures of this place but man, it's so beautiful.

The day started at four in the morning. By that time, everyone was up and out on an almost two hour drive from Palm Bay to the Orlando airport. If you haven't driven in the early mornings I'll tell you right now, it's ridiculously foggy. I didn't know where the rode was it was so foggy. After that, we got to the airport, got our tickets, ate some food, went through security, and all that ridiculous stuff you have to do at airports to get to a plane. After we found some seats and had a ton time before leaving, we started to hear squeaky sounds. We looked around and we found a 2 year old girl running and her shoes were making the squeaking sounds every time she walked. So cute!

After boarding the plane and about five hours of flying later we stopped at Las Vegas. The flight wasn't connecting to San Jose so we had to get off and run all over kingdom come of the Las Vegas airport FILLED with people, restaurants, and gambling machines (or whatever the heck you call them) to find the gate with the plane flying to San Jose. Luckily we did, but they began boarding so we didn't get to take a bathroom break. Once on the plane, we started talking to a girl we were sitting next to. And we continued talking about various subjects for the entire flight from Las Vegas to San Jose. It was only until towards the end of the flight we exchanged names which was pretty funny.

The San Jose airport isn't too far from my new house so we were able to drop off all of our stuff at home and go out for awesome Mexican food for lunch. Best tacos in the world and I wasn't able to finish two they were so big. Good thing I still had room in my stomach to try some Jamba Juice. Their peach smoothie's just awesome. Best smoothie place on the planet.

We invited two neighbors over to have dinner with us tomorrow so that'll be great to get to know some people around here. Oh, and I should say that we already have a babysitting job 'cause these same neighbors just happen to be seven weeks away from having a baby. By the way, if you've never been to northern California, if you plan to invite someone over for dinner, remember to ask if anyone is a vegetarian. It's very helpful to know.

Oh jeez...I seriously wrote that much? Well, I think that's enough for now. Man, my shoulder hurts. Keep you guys updated when something eventful happens.

Love and Kisses,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment