Thursday, May 17, 2012

Super Duper Fantastic Sweet Sixteen

C'mon you know what I'm talking about from the title; I'm sixteen as of today. And I. Feel. Awesome!!


Just watch, I'll eventually be able to drive soon!


Today was a great day. Felt super happy all day. Today was AP World History testing so a lot of kids weren't in class and went home after it was all done. So every class except for World History (since I take regular instead of AP) was practically empty. My English class only had 7 students in it! Anyway, my Chemistry class, what was somewhat my English class and my Algebra 2 class burst into song and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. Even my friends in drama club sang too which made me feel happier. Overall, a great day at school.


On a sadder note, our drama/dance teacher Ms. Brown won't be returning to teach next year. I can't help but feel sad because she's the only teacher who won't take anyone's crap and be walked on like a doormat. That's probably why. If someone acts like a brat towards her, she'll blow up on them and I don't blame her because the attitudes of a lot of the students are absolute s***. No adult deserves to be walked on by some bratty high schooler and she's not gonna be a pushover like other teachers here. She used to work in college with people who are more grown up and professional, so it makes sense that she'd want us to act a bit more mature than some people act, right? Apparently not. On top of which, from what I've heard from the upperclassmen, she's the best drama teacher they've had in all their years of high school. That really says a lot and it sucks that our administration doesn't support  drama and dance. We might as well not have it if they're going to hire mediocre teachers and not appreciate the best they can get.


Since I'm on the subject, I realized today we have a hypocritical principal as well. She interrupts our classes to remind seniors to show up to classes so they'll graduate and guess what? They never show up. From what my sister, who is also a senior, has told me, about 100 seniors won't be graduating. That is nothing but freaking sad. This just goes straight back to what pushovers our faculty is full of. They keep whining and complaining about "the Sobrato way" yet no one pays attention, students still act like they own the freaking world, and teachers are too big of wimps to punish these kids. I don't think anyone from the administration will ever see this, but if they do, I got a message for you guys: Toughen up against people who aren't adults yet.


Whew, glad that's off my chest. Got a little rage off from typing.


I wanted to share a quote today from a family member of Sierra LaMar. As of yesterday, it's been two months since she went missing. Ever since they found the Jetta, nothing. Yet everyone still has hope.


"If you wanted to create a very high profile case, you got it. If you wanted to cause heartache and anxiety among friends and family, you got it. Give Sierra back to the people who care for her. Stop being a coward, and own up to your actions. I don't believe in any deity, but I do believe that karma can be very cruel. The longer you keep her from us , the more harsh your fate will be." ----- Keith LaMar, cousin of Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment