Monday, January 30, 2012

Let's do the Time Warp again~!

Ugh... This is why I hate smiling with my teeth... Whatever.

So this past Saturday with nothing else to do, I went out with my Mom, Marina and our two friends Ben and Meghan to see the live performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

As you can see, all of us dressed up for said occasion as you are supposed to. From left to right it's Marina, me, Ben and Meghan. First off, yes I know me and my sister don't look related; a lot of people say that. And I know Meghan's on crutches but let the record show she had leg surgery in November, but still has to use crutches and/or a wheelchair for recovery. Anyway, it was a great night!

We arrived about four hours early just to get the ticket purchasing out of the way before it got busy. Plus it gave us enough time to get a late dinner... And go in circles around San Jose to find a place to park before just going back to our original parking place and walking to a place called Pizza My Heart which was a two minute walk from the cinema.

On a small side note, they have good pizza! What amazed me most was the soda machine cause it's all new and fancy and gives soooo many options including Orange Coca-Cola and a lot of other weird stuff I've never heard of. Not that I'm a fan of fruity sodas but that just fascinated me. We had to eat our pizza on Frisbees cause they were out of clean plates.... Least we had something to eat off of that was clean! And it amused me anyway so whatever.

The live performance of Rocky Horror is definitely something everyone has to do before you die. It is amazing! The actors have the exact costumes and props from the original film. All they do is lip sync to the scenes and music with the appropriate light and even get the audience to interact. They sell 'survival kits' which give you the items you use to throw during the performance at certain scenes. Such as when Brad yells "Great Scott!" everyone throws toilet paper (Not at the actors obviously).

On top of which, if you've seen a live performance before, it's totally normal for people to be shouting random stuff at certain points during the film/performance. It's distracting but totally hilarious.

Also, if you've never seen a live Rocky Horror performance, AND you tell people that, they will mark on your face with lipstick to indicate that you are a "virgin" to seeing Rocky Horror... And they do really weird things in the Pre-show. So I lied about never seeing a liver performance to avoid that. Apparently people lie about being a "virgin" just to go up and do the hilarious crap they do.

Overall, a really great show and WORTH staying up until three in the morning.

XOXO,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment